11.12.2010

Exhibit 27.24

Reconstructed Timeline of Last Night

12:30 a.m. - After grading all night, went to sleep after watching an old episode of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes. Dreamed briefly of outsmarting Victorians.

1:00 a.m. - Woken up by dogs barking outside. Confused, felt around for my pipe and panicked over how I could outsmart them without it. Decided I would just give the dogs C-minuses.

1:05 a.m. - As dogs barking outside is what happens in the morning, I thought it was morning. Also, I wasn't really awake. I made coffee.

1:10 a.m. - Deduced that the sun wasn't rising properly. Wanted to tell someone about the mystery I solved. Thought about tweeting it. Thought about reconsidering some recent life choices involving social networks.

1:11 a.m. - Really got worried about the health of the sun.

1:20 a.m. - Finally opened computer and realized what was going on. Became less concerned for the sun and more concerned about being out Sherlock-ed by neighborhood dogs.

1:21-2:45 a.m - Debated whether or not I should actually drink the coffee I'd made and tried to determine what this would mean for the rest of my Friday.

3:00 a.m. - Began another episode of Sherlock Holmes.

? - Woke up and the power was off for the entire block. Drank cold coffee while sleuthing, sleuthing which involved questioning the dogs.

? - "Did you do it? Yes, you did, yes, you did. Who'sa good criminal? You are, yes you are."

9:30 a.m. - Power came back on. Thought about reconsidering some recent life choices involving social networks.

3 comments:

jimStock said...

12:28 a.m. - Adjusted rabbit-ears to receive airwaves from Reagan era...(?)

Unknown said...

I want you to know that I almost signed up to Twitter so I could comment (or tweet? retweet? how does this work exactly?) on your tweets about the Mike Doss Jersey and the waitress at Old Chicago. Almost...

A. Peterson said...

Ha, what's funny about that is my thought process was pretty much, "Wow, that waitress is wearing a Tony Boselli jersey. O, man, Mike Doss girl, I remember her. I should text Carlin. No, I should tweet it so he never sees it. Hey, look, Tyler Thigpen is in."