10.23.2007

Exhibit 4.7

Some actual lines from a book on Hypno Writing that found its way onto my desk:

  • "Here's my famous letter...it's considered Hypno Writing at its best. Later on you'll get to analyze this letter, but for now, just copy it in your own handwriting. Exercise: Copy this letter in your own handwriting."
  • "When you use similes, you can make your own words 'fall softly as rose petals,' 'gush out like toothpaste,' 'string and creep like insects!'" [Ed note: Thanks to the book Hypno Editing, I was able to spot the typo in 'string'. Or maybe he was referring to the Western String Beetle.]
  • "Also within you is a wiser part called Self Two, the Master."
  • "My biggest secret: I DON'T DO THE WRITING! Shocked? What I mean is, I command or request the writing from my unconscious."
  • "Studies show that the postscript is the most often read part of any letter."
  • "The truth is, I did not have a fight with my neighbor."
  • "Well, let me blow your mind. Is the image moving? Actually, it's not moving at all."
  • "These writers are 'vegetarians' because their writing lacks meat."
  • "There is a subtle link connecting your brain with your hand that enables you to convey what you see..."
  • "What? A case against perfection? Again, I'm not urging you to crank out crap."
  • "On the blog, I placed an actual picture of Lindsey Lohan, which helped people pay attention to my writing."
  • "I now own those automatons." [Ed note: Against all odds, this is referring to actual mechanical automatons.]
There is a sentence like these on every page.

No comments: