10.22.2007

Exhibit 4.6

So this is bizarre.

I apparently now have a page on Creighton University's Nebraska Center for Writers which is a little embarrassing as I don't really have anything to offer anyone--including the two of you reading this--and certainly shouldn't be mentioned as a representative (no matter how insignificant) of any municipality or state.

I've been to the page recently (it is, sadly, a good way to spend the last hour of work) and I certainly wasn't on there before. Ignoring for a second the question of who told them about me, I really want to rewrite my bio so it doesn't mention my tiny moments but instead mentions my sterling Nebraska credentials.

Things I might mention:

  • Really like Amigos.
  • Once had allergic reaction at Fort Robinson.
  • Know that Kanye West's song "The Good Life" is about Alma.
  • Have been to Alma.
  • As a boy, worried that Omaha would get blown up by the Soviets due to SAC.
  • Can say things like, "Is that by Alliance?" with credibility.
  • Have also been to Alliance. (It's by Alma).
  • Have seriously looked forward to going to the Sidney Cabelas then felt slightly out-of-place when given complementary rubber worm.
  • Told a joke about Scott Frost getting angry and throwing a Coke at a reporter but overthrowing him by 5 yards. (1995)
  • Once stood in line at a grocery store to get Scott Frost's autograph. (1998)
  • Know that Alliance isn't really by Alma.
  • I can pretend to like Runza.

I mean, those are pretty solid credentials. Can you beat that Mignon Eberhardt?

4 comments:

Dusty said...

Brent Spencer maintains this site, so Jonis probably told him about you and your creds.

You can email him a photo so people won't think you look like Chimney Rock.

A. Peterson said...

Every time I see a state quarter it's like looking into a mirror.

Mathias Svalina said...

I'm so jealous!!!

A. Peterson said...

You should tell them that Kansas has been talking about adding you to their website. You'd have your own chimney rock photo before you could say Ogallala Aquifer.