5.11.2009

Exhibit 18.18

A Running Catalogue of My Thoughts While, um, Running

I should buy running shoes...(four months later)...I should wear my running shoes...I know, I'll wear them while reading Murakami's book on running...I can't believe I used to read without proper arch support...(three months later)...running: I'm going to do it Tuesday...god, it's Tuesday...Wednesday...oh no, I put on my running outfit...so many rhinestones...should have bought headband...headband with rhinestones...maybe I should put off running until I can go to the headband store...no, it's Thursday, I should just do it...okay...how does running work?...I'll start with stretching...should stretch outside...hi, kids...I'm just here stretching...maybe instead of running I should help you draw on the sidewalks...yeah, that's cool, I didn't really want to anyway...you kids are lame...that's not even how you spell that dirty word...okay, thirty-five minutes of stretching should be sufficient for ten minute run...all right...I'm running...this isn't so bad...oh god this is horrible...I hope there's traffic at the intersection so I can't stop and maybe do some more stretching...I'm starting to think I did not stretch enough...or maybe I shouldn't have gone running after drinking all that coffee...there's no traffic...I must have been running for at least half a mile...or however long I got during the one minute and thirty seconds my iPod is telling me I've been listening to this track...why do I only have French lesson podcasts on my running iPod anyway...merde!...I can't believe I used to learn French without proper arch support...I need to do something to pass the time or this is going to be excruciating...I know, I'll come up with imaginary car names...the Hyundai Swoon, the Mercury Nyx, the Honda Yall (for a cross-over SUV/van aimed at extreme 20-somethings who surf and camp and whatnot)...must remember car names so I can mail to respective car companies when I get back...if I get back...how much time did that take? thirty seconds...that's not enough time...tu peux m'aider?...it would be fantastic if someone mugged me right now...I think I'd hug them while handing over my running shoes...even if they didn't want the running shoes...I'd say, no, no it's okay, you should take them...thank god I'm almost home...how long was I gone...hmm, not long enough for my screensaver to come on...and my coffee is still warm...and the burrito I put in the microwave is still microwaving...come on burrito...I know how to pass the time...I'll come up with imaginary car names the Toyota Reprise, the Ford Pulse, the Chevy Kleos...(eight months later)...my legs still hurt...

No comments: