7.11.2008

Exhibit 10.24

As the next step of this blog's continued devolution from hard hitting literary and political analysis to masochistic sports blog to smiley-faced cooking blog, this post is about cookies.

The Times occasionally takes it upon itself to decide what the best recipe for _______ is and recently they've turned their gaze to chocolate chip cookies. Their quest is detailed here which I'm redundantly linking to despite the fact it has inevitably been emailed to you by your grandmother. The recipe--a chronicle of cacao ratios and refrigeration times--is here.

Not wanting to miss the most recent cookie zeitgeist like we missed the Cakester fad, Heather and I already took a stab at these and I'm here to tell you they are nothing short of incredible.


In the oven they seemed threateningly puffy, the sort of lonely, doughy cookies that you see at a school potluck, but by the time they were done they'd settled into the perfect ratio of crispy outside and chewy inside.


Plus, look at that presentation. I wasn't sure about the step calling for a brown table cloth, but the Times really came through.

Stay tuned as this blog continues to decline in coming weeks until it's nothing but artwork done by Australian children:


Crikey!

2 comments:

Pete said...

For the record, I did not miss the Cakester fad. But beyond this, I may have started the "Nilla Cakesters in the Freezer" fad which worked out splendidly while watching the Wimbledon final on a muggy Sunday afternoon.

A. Peterson said...

Why does nobody ever tell me when I misspell 'crikey'? Seriously, how many times does it have to happen before you realize that I just don't get it? I mean, crickey.