6.16.2008

Exhibit 10.7

For those of you keeping track, for the first time since at least March, the sun fell and rose in the world of Judge Parker. That's right, it's been the same day in this fictional world of plot holes and questionable jurisprudence for over 100 real days.

Things that happened and level of excitement:

*Bus Ride - Relatively exciting
*Lawyering - Not at all exciting
*Snooping - A little exciting
*Almost but then not getting caught snooping - Negatively exciting
*Terrorist kidnapping - Exciting
*Flirting - Gross
*Drug ring arrests - Gross
*Prison visit - Positively exciting
*Bland night time recap - Lengthy

I just wish once I could have this conversation.

Me: How was your day?
You: I snooped, almost got caught snooping but didn't, came home and talked for three days, was visited by the state police, and then I went to visit our neighbors in prison who, incidentally, I was snooping on because they were growing pot. There's a story there, too, but let's save it for when we have a week plus one extra long Sunday strip.
Me: What?
You: How was your spring?

If that happened, I wouldn't even have the heart to reply with how my newly hired Iraq War veteran lawyer and my legal secretary almost got blown up but then, of course, didn't.

No comments: