6.07.2008

Exhibit 10.3

So I've discovered that a good percentage of people who visit this blog are actually coming through Google image searches to this post in order to get pictures of Sean Penn and Al Pacino in Carlito's Way. That really puts things in perspective.

Still, it's oddly comforting to know that a lot of people in Finland desperately need pictures of the cast of Carlito's Way. I don't remember reading that in the World Fact Book.

In a completely unrelated development: There may be no better way to waste four hours than The World Fact book. For instance, you may have known about the islands that constitute Vanuatu, but did you know that nearly 11% of the population are Seventh Day Adventists?

I suppose if you did know that, you also have a position on the Matthew and Hunter Island disputes that will surely drag us into WWIII someday soon.

3 comments:

Kyla Zoe Rafert said...

Thank you for sharing the World Fact Book. The New York Times Almanac has long been my favorite book, but it is getting outdated. This will keep my fact knowledge honed. I agree that it is a wonderful way to waste hours, and all are forgettable facts! The beauty of this is that you never are bored...you rarely remember exactly the details of what you've read before. I'm only halfway joking. By the way, I came across your blog because of the Madison murderer student, but kept reading because your blog is hilarious.

Kyla Zoe Rafert said...

I mean my 2001 edition of the NY times almanac is getting outdated... I'm too cheap to invest in a new one yet.

A. Peterson said...

Thanks for visiting and for the compliment. Yeah, I'm a sucker for almanacs and the like but you're right, it's impossible to remember any of it unless you can find a context for little details about rainfall in Mali. And who can do that? Well, besides, presumably, Malians.