6.18.2008

Exhibit 10.10

I have a story in the new Madison Review which you can order by clicking here. This is also an older story, but one of my favorites since it's a) titled "Carom" and b) one of two stories I wrote at the time that really had me feeling like I'd figured something out about how I wanted to write. Of course, the other one--which I like even more--isn't published. I should send it somewhere. You can have it, if you want. Maybe I'll post it here.

"Carom" is about a guy named Smith who wakes up and realizes his roommate (and exactly everything his roommate owned, down to half of the things they purchased together) has disappeared. Oh, and the guy's girlfriend finds her biological parents after years of searching and realizes that her last name is Smith, too. Oh, and he thinks his ex-girlfriend might have had his baby without telling him. She's remarried to a man named...Smith. So there's a lot going on. I should have made it a novel. Maybe later.

It is my only story inspired by a kid with the last name Smith I used to work with at Holiday Trav-L-Park. His sister married a guy also named Smith, but he told me they researched it beforehand to make sure there were no shared relations.

I remain unconvinced.

No comments: