8.19.2007

Exhibit 1.22

I found this list on the poet Adam Clay's blog a year or two ago so I'm not sure if it's current, but it's a big help. Normally I'd just link to the post on his blog, but I can't find it anymore. In any case, if you know any more, please comment:

Creative Writing Ph.D. Programs

Florida State University
Georgia State University
Ohio University
Oklahoma State University
University of Calgary
University of Cincinnati
University of Denver
University of Georgia
University of Hawaii
University of Houston
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Iowa (PhD in English w/ creative dissertation)
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
University of Manchester
University of Missouri
University of Nebraska
University of Nevada (at Las Vegas)
University of Newcastle
University of Southern California
University of Southern Mississippi
University of Tennessee
University of Utah
University of Wales
University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
Western Michigan University

6 comments:

christopher higgs said...

If/when I apply next year, I think my choices would be:

1.University of Southern California
2.Florida State University
3.University of Southern Mississippi
4.University of Denver
5.University of Illinois at Chicago
6.University of Houston

A. Peterson said...

I always forget about Southern Mississippi. I'm for any place that apparently refuses to hire outside of the Barthelme family. 40 years from now when Lily and Dakota Barthelme are in charge, it will still be okay in my book.

Adam Clay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Clay said...

I took the blog down, though the list is up-to-date as it was before.

I got my BA & MA at USM, a good place to write.

Adam

A. Peterson said...

Thanks, Adam. That list has been a big help when thinking about Ph.D. programs. It's hard to get a handle on what's out there since they're so scattered and disconnected from M.F.A. programs.

In appreciation of this, everyone should go buy a copy of Adam Clay's book The Wash right here: http://parlorpress.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=130

Dusty said...

For future reference, you should---you probably know better---include HTML tags on the links you want to post in your comments. It's [a=href"link"]something[/a]. I know you know this. I'm being snarky. I'm being your "friend".