5.17.2010

Exhibit 25.11

Hobart

Hobart is the journal I wish I did, but at least I can still read it. Their new issue, 'The Great Outdoors,' is now out and it's a good one. You should not only pick up this issue, you should plant it in the ground when you're done reading it. Then you should water it with a hose twice a day. Wonders will bloom.

I can't say it enough: this journal is amazing from Buffalo to Zoophilia, and you need to read it.

I have three short shorts in it which are notable for being about Boy Scouts, Claire's, and Angelina Jolie, respectively. I realize that, at best, only one of those things occurs naturally, but I worked in enough references to birds to make the others count (i.e. Find-and-Replace 'Earrings' with 'Toucan').

You should also check out the web extras that go up here, especially more of Lucy Corin's apocalypses. There's a lot of other great stuff up there, too, including one of those pie crust recipes that involves ice water. I never trust those recipes, but I do trust Hobart.

I have something up called "My Eagle Scout Project: A Sidewalk: A List" which is, I suppose, a kind of essay about my Eagle Scout project. It's true. Every pathetic word.

4 comments:

jimStock said...

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139098&catid=339

"She had it coming"

A. Peterson said...

Wow, that's terrible.

The lesson here: don't move to Houston.

Pete said...

That's not about Eagle Scouts at all.

Sarah405 said...

I wish I had something clever to say about it, but I just wanted to say that I liked the Eagle Scout story. A lot.