2.26.2009

Exhibit 16.22

What It's Like to Get an Email from Me

Perhaps because I want to use my new email tag again or maybe just to warn off anyone thinking of emailing me after yesterday's post, but I figured I'd give you a window into what it's like to get an email from me. It's probably exactly like you imagine. Let's say your email is something like this:

  • To: Me
  • From: You
  • Subject: Hello
  • Hey Adam I drove through Lincoln yesterday and thought of you. Sorry I couldn't stop. Let me know how things are going.
  • Later,
  • You
That's a pretty standard email. Here's how I would respond:

  • To: You
  • From: Me
  • Subject: Well...
  • The thing is, hmm, well, I don't really know what to say, I suppose I could go either way, but, O, wait, what about maybe, no, no, I don't think that will work at all.
  • [sigh]
  • Okay, I know--hold on a second--do you remember when (and I mean the first time here not the second time [although I guess that time sort of works too]), um, maybe that isn't a good example but, that said, we should probably just forget about everything.
  • It's just that, I don't know, maybe it is okay. Fine. Yes, that's actually great. Whatever you decide works for me, etc.
  • So good. We're good. Perfect. I feel good. How do you feel? I imagine good. Or something.
  • Whatever happened with that disease you had? You're driving through Nebraska, so I guess things didn't go as bad as everyone thought they might, right?
  • A.
I'm just trying to prepare you for disappointment. You know that, right? Etc.

No comments: