For some unknown but presumably awesome reason, my brother and two fellow North Platters now have an Omaha-area radio show on 1180 KOIL. The show is called "The Weekly Grind" and will tackle Omaha news, sports, and politics from the young professional's perspective between 10 and 11 every Saturday morning. The first show is this Saturday and will feature Neil deMause, author of the book Field of Schemes: How the Great Stadium Swindle Turns Public Money into Private Profit (from the always reliable U. of Nebraska Press), talking about Omaha's one and possibly two new baseball stadiums.
If I may be so bold, as an official brother of a co-host, I'd like to suggest some future show topics:
* Electoral Collage: Redistricting and Electoral Vote Distribution
* Oma-HA! (this would be a running segment mocking a city politician/celebrity)
* Bill Parcells: What Might He Be Doing Right Now?
* The State Capital: Should We Invade Lincoln and Take it Back?
* Young Professionals: Is This a Category That Includes Us Now That We Spend Our Weekends Landscaping?
* Brothers: What Would They Say if Given a Shot to Fill Five Minutes on the Radio?
* From Sacramento to St. Louis: Cities That Aren't as Good as Omaha
* Poseurs: Where Are Omaha's Professional Sports Allegiances and Why Do Jeff and Mike Not Root for the Kansas City Royals?
Those ideas are all up for grabs, fellas.
Seriously though, good luck. I'll be tuning in.