5.09.2008

Exhibit 9.11

The new 580 Split has a lot of fantastic work in it and at least three pieces by current Lincoln residents including my good friend Tyrone. His pieces are great (as are Josh's poems), and it's only my story dragging down Team Nebraska. The story's about a town that floods when a dam breaks which is something that was always promised when I was a kid but never actually happened.

I also have a story in the new Southern Indiana Review which continues my trend of appearing in journals with 'South' in the title. There's also a lot of great work in this one, and it's a really beautiful journal, too. Oddly, my story here also mentions a flood, but it's really about chicken rearing and fire starting. Appropriately, it's titled "The Pyromaniac's Chickens" and is a very, very old story. Like heating up Easy Mac in a dorm room old. Like excited about a new Weezer album old. Like smuggling beer in a duffel bag old.

You probably get the idea.

You should really pick up those journals for the work of the other writers and the fine editors who put them together. I feel very lucky to have appeared in those journals at all. Like smuggling beer in a duffel bag lucky.

No comments: