4.21.2010

Exhibit 24.27

Story Prompts

I'm in a class where we have to write a short story every week. To accomplish this task, we're given prompts which have ranged from very specific to very general. Now, to be clear, I think this has been sort of great or at least I would if I liked writing short stories more. I don't, really, at least not at the moment, and I'm also not exactly hurting for writing projects.

On the whole, this experience has been positive if frustratingly distracting. I've written a few things I like, a few I just typed, and then there was this week's where I literally looked around my apartment and wrote about things I saw.

I want to say this now because when you read my story about playing online chess and eating Dots in this year's O. Henry, you'll say, "Man, he really captured that Brett Pugly's ennui."

I so did.

No comments: