10.07.2008

Exhibit 12.27

So I'm reading my copy of Love in the Time of Cholera for the company book club, and it's an old hardcover that I picked up for $2 at a used bookstore a while back. In all ways it seems not to have been read at all. Perfect spine. Perfect dust jacket. Unmarked pages...or so I thought. On page 154 there is one passage underlined in perfect pencil strokes done with the aid of a ruler or bookmark. Nothing before that. Nothing after that.

The passage:

"...he convinced her that one comes into the world with a predetermined allotment of lays, and whoever does not use them for whatever reason, one's own or someone else's, willingly or unwillingly, loses them forever."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I bought David Duchovny's copy of Love in the Time of Cholera.

Topical!

No comments: