3.17.2008

Exhibit 7.24

Here is another great article on Drake's remarkable season. Needless to say, nobody saw this coming. Let me put it another way: The day I arrived on campus as a freshmen I met the RA on my floor who was a junior from some small town in Iowa. A nice guy of average height and build who showed no particular athletic ability in the ultimate frisbee games he played in front of the union, one day in the hall he mentioned that he had to run to basketball practice.

Me: Oh, are you on a club team?
RA: Oh, no.
Me: Is it a fraternity thing?
RA: Didn't I ever tell you this?
Me: What? That you play co-ed basketball?
RA: I'm on the basketball team.
Me: Yeah, but which one?
RA: The basketball team.
Me: Our floor has a basketball team?
RA: Yes, but that's not the point.
Me: Why didn't anyone ask me to play? I'm taller than you.
RA: But I'm on the Bulldogs. You know, the school's team.
Me: Oh.
RA: Yeah.
Me: So do you guys ever play the floor's team?

Now that guy--not that guy but pretty much that guy--is the Valley player of the year and the lynchpin to Drake's first tournament run in over 30 years.

No comments: