2.04.2008

Exhibit 6.24

On the Super Bowl

*I'd like to take back everything bad I said about Eli Manning during the fantasy football season. Seriously, Eli, we can make this work. Give me another chance.

*I would have been sad to live in a world without smug commentary from the '72 Dolphins.

*Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are horrible. At one point Joe Buck seemed not to understand the concept of a false start and immediately after Brady badly missed Moss in the end zone, Aikman talked about how dialed in he was. Not a good showing.

*We are going to be allowed to talk about how Brady was yelling at his receivers--including Wes Welker on a badly-thrown ball that landed somewhere in Flagstaff--now, right? I mean, he spent all game pouting as if he just found out Leonardo DiCaprio was sitting with Gisele upstairs.

*From Petty I was hoping for "Wild Flowers," "Change of Heart," "Walls (Circus)," and a guest spot from Dylan and Jeff Lynne on a surprise version of "End of the Line." I'm half serious.

*Petty did play three tracks off of Full Moon Fever, and thankfully one of them wasn't "Zombie Zoo." So that's good. I love Petty. He seemed really relaxed out there. In other words, he was the exact opposite of Tom Brady.

*Mike Campbell doesn't get nearly enough respect.

*I know they are out of the running for the greatest team of all time now--and I hate them--but I doubt we'll ever see a team as good as that Patriots team. They are dirty, dirty cheaters, of course, but for more than half the season they dominated a league designed for parity in a way that no other team ever has. For the other half of the season, they were merely incredible.

*On the other hand, this videotaping scandal is about to get really ugly. I'd say the odds of Belichick coaching the Patriots next seasons are about 50/50. This isn't going to be good for anyone.

*One of the commercials featured Donkey Lips from Salute Your Shorts. In other words, watch out Blake Sennett. You may have Rilo Kiley and The Elected, but your reign as most successful former Salute Your Shorts cast member could be short lived.

1 comment:

julee said...

Two years running, and we are still of like mind on the halftime show. I totally expected some sort of dead wilbury video on the screens along with dylan and lynne jumping out from behind the drummer for the last song or something. If you're just lip syncing, you may as well raise the dead.

BS will always be the most successful in my book, if only in a Daniel Day Lewis, "I've moved to Italy to become a cobbler and given up acting forever," sort of way. This was before Daniel Day Lewis came back to acting, of course.