11.16.2007

Exhibit 5.1


Heather and I took the GRE (standard) today which should explain the sparse nature of the posts. Not to say we were studying--at least I wasn't--but it's a test that has a way of occupying your thoughts. I certainly didn't study quadratic equations, but I thought about them in my sleep. Since I didn't, and don't, know what quadratic equations are, I would make things up and have dreams where quadratic equations and I would talk about last week's Heroes. Quadratic Equations thinks this season has been a let down. I told Quadratic Equations she was a let down. We both agreed that we wanted to know what happened to Hiro.

Part of the test is to write two essays, one giving your perspective on a topic and the other analyzing an argument. I'm not saying my essay analyzing a proposed re-sanding of a fictional Carribean beach settled the issue, but the people of Batia better think twice before they finance it by taxing tourists. The consequences to the industry that feeds this tiny island--where, I imagine, people greet each other by touching noses--would be devastating.

I have 1,300 other words I could say about this too.

No comments: